Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Are there any side effects of Krimson and Metformin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 673 Questions
I am suffering from pcod....I have not got the periods from last 45 days. Usually i do not get periods without medicine , before marriage i was on krimson 35 for 2 years approx and after that on metformin and other medicines. I had stopped taking medicines from last 3 months and started homeopathy traetment but since i have started homopathy i have not got periods. So it seems that it is not working. Pregnancy test is negtv. Dr prescribed me prevent n tablet for 5 days to bring periods. I want to confirm that is there ny side effect of this tablet if i am trying to conceive. May be if i had conceived will this tablet be harmful
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Don't take prevent n if you are likely pregnant. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Prevent N is category X drug, means it should not be used during pregnancy unless absolutely necessary. If you think you might be pregnant, you can do one blood beta hCG test to rule out/confirm pregnancy & then take the medicine if negative. It doesn't have long term effect & won't prevent conception in future, so no need to worry for that. For PCOD, better option for conception is to go for ovulation induction with medicines in consultation with your gynecologist. To assist you in deciding treatment for conception, kindly provide following details. 1. Husband's semen analysis report if already done. If not done, kindly get it done. 2. Whether your tubes have been checked by any test like hysterosalpingography/sonosalpingography/laparoscopy. If yes, what was the result. 3. Wife's height & weight. Awaiting reply. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor