Are there any medication to ease pain in my hands while on prostrate cancer treatment?
Ok, several points on pain.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The distribution often implies what is going on. This is at the ends of the limbs. This tends to be sick nerves and chemotherapy that is toxic and not hormone blockers tends to hurt nerves.
So, nerve conduction studies to confirm and then nerve pills which are as simple, easy, and non-addictive as they sound. Amitriptyline, any anti-epileptic, and Lidocaine are three groups. They all work.
Or in theory maybe muscle aches BUT that would be more in... muscles like calves and thighs and shoulders. I am just including this for completeness. Muscle damage, muscle irregularity from electrolyte problems and also the chemotherapy are causes that can be diagnosed but the treatment is not as good. (aspirin like drugs BUT they are dangerous if there was kidney damage from the chemo).
Dr. Matt Wachsman, Addiction Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Penis look swollen and dark chances of prostrate cancer
- Prostrate cancer sore testicles
- Mushy prostrate and prostrate cancer
- High pus cells in semen analysis prostrate cancer
- Kemo treatment for prostrate cancer
- What is the fourth stage of prostrate cancer
- Masturbation addiction frequent urination back pain symptoms of prostrate cancer
- Skinny jeans cause prostrate cancer
- Cousin has hereditary prostrate cancer
- Link between ovarian cancer and prostrate cancer