Are there any interaction between drugs levoxyl, metformin, glypiside, lantus and prilosec?

Dr. Basheer Ahamed

Diabetologist

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Question: thank you-levoxyl,metformin,glypiside,lantus,prilosec(long term,crestor,lisinopril--are they combatable?
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Drug interactions are present. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Levoxyl(Levothyroxine) interferes with blood sugar control by reducing the efficiency of Lantus(Insulin Glargine), metformin, Glipizide. Monitor your blood sugar closely. You may need a dose adjustment of your anti diabetics during and after the treatment with levothyroxine. Lisinopril increases the effect of insulin Glargine and may cause your blood sugar to go too low. Watch for symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, dizziness, sweating and fast heart beat. Again dose adjustment and frequent monitoring of blood is needed. Discuss with your doctor before starting any medications. So in my opinion these drugs are compatible with each other but needs dose adjustments and motioning of blood sugar. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Basheer Ahamed 12 hours later
what about long term prilosec and b12 and cq10 leech
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 12 hours later
Brief Answer: No problem with Prilosec Detailed Answer: Hello, Vitamin B12 is needed in diabetic due to increase demand and metformin therapy. Co Q 10 plays a vital role in protecting the heart. Prilosec(Omeprazole) has no dreadful long term complications. So all the three can be taken for long term therapy. regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad