Are there any common treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis?

Neurologist
Question
Is it possible to use combination therapy MS and rheumatoid arthritis?
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medication details?

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

Treatment of MS with RA can be very complex at times with a few class of drugs for the one disease having a worsening effect on the other.Please tell me the medicines which you are referring to so that we can discuss it further.

I shall be glad to have you in follow up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow-up: Are there any common treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis? 1 hour later
Copaxone for MS
Methotrexate, Prednisone and Sulfasalizine for RA

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are no significant interactions.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Yes, the combination of drugs which you are using is fine and there are no significant known interactions among these medicines.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,Please be in follow-up else please close the thread,rate it and write a review.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow-up: Are there any common treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis? 5 hours later
Is there a better combination that I can try?
Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may continue with the same if you are doing fine.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.

As the treatment for MS with RA can be a real tricky one, due to potential interaction risk; I think you may continue with the same combination if its working fine with you.Since when are you on these medications? Can you provide your medication history in a bit detail?

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow-up: Are there any common treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis? 27 hours later
Thank you, I was diagnosed with RA last year and I have been in Copaxone for approximately 10 years. My RA is managed okay so far. I have just moved to a different state and will going to new doctors and want to be a good advocate for my health.

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wish you a healthy life ahead.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.

The medications you are taking are available everywhere, and principles of treatment are the same anywhere.So, basically changing the state and doctors should not make much difference if you have your past documents well preserved.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to answer them else please close the thread,rate it and write a review.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)