Are there any ayurvedic medication for cold and cough in a child?
my four months old son has a little nose congestion and was having dry cough many times at night,was seen sneezing a few times in the evening as well. My five year old daughter is also having cold and cough for a few days. She is getting better, but the baby seems to have caught it.
The baby is exclisively breastfed. He was fed as usual at night,even though he was at times irritated with congestion in nose. He weighed 2.9 kg at birth. A couple of weeks ago, he weighed 6kg. He is not having any fever.
could you please suggest ayurvedic medicines for the baby?
Further necessary information.
Thanks for contacting the Ayurveda section of [A]YUSH and since he is an infant and exclusively breastfed thus it is more important that you should take more care of yourself since indulging in incompatible food habits and activities will make your baby suffer more (as the incompatible food like cold/sour which you take can pass through your milk to the baby).
1. Babe kof syrup (ARYA)
2. Whoopin syrup (SANDU)
3. Saline nasal drops are best and feed him in an upright position
PS. You can later ask for Suvarn Prashan (Immunomodulation therapy) which is excellent for enhancing immunity power and protection of child to cough and cold.
I hope this answers your query.
Dr. Munish Sood, Ayurveda Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Need medication for cold cough and fever
- Usage of Ayurvedic medication
- Suggest medication for cold and cough
- Medical certificate cough and colds sample
- Ayurvedic medication for erectyl disfunction
- Ayurvedic medication for morphea
- Ayurvedic medication to in crease platelets
- Ayurvedic medications for vaginismus
- Nebulizer medications for cold and cough
- Side effect of Ayurvedic medication