Are the medical properties of Dilzem Cd as same as Angizem Cd?
My mom has been diagnoes with hypertention and irregular heart beats from past 2 months . Initially she started with stamlo2.5mg which was not showing any results on heart rate soo the doctor has duggested to start Angizem CD 90 post which we did not see much control in blood pressure and from past 20 days she has been taking Dilzem CD 120 and now her bp has drastically fallen down to 115 /70 and at times lower than this.
Can you please advice me if she can stop the medication for few daya and see . Also can you tell me if dilzem CD 120 and Angizem both are same drugs with different powers .
Stopping completely s not advisable
Hello Again XXXXXXX
After going through the medical details of your mother provided by you i would lke to tell you that
1. Stamlo contains Amlodipine which is a good anti hypertensive medication but it does not affect the heart rate much that's why her heart rate was not getting controlled by it.
2. Now coming to Dilzem which contains Diltiazem is also a good antihypertensive with added heart rate control benefits.
Having a blood pressure of 115/70 mmhg is alright is the patient is not having any symptoms of dizziness, weakness etc. However the blood pressure should not go below 100/70 mmhg.
Now in your mothers case if at times the bp is going even lower then its advisable to lower the dose of Dilzem.
No, its not advisable to completely stop the medicine all of a sudden. You can lower the dose to 90mg with regular bp monitoring.
Yes, Dilzem and Angizem both contains same salts DILTIAZEM.
I hope this information will answer your query and will guide you properly.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effect of dilzem 30
- Dilzem 60 mg side effects
- What ae the side effects of dilzem
- Dilzem tablets
- Side effect of tablet dilzem 30
- Dilzem 60mg side effects
- Dilzem side effects
- Is fast heart rate cause of dilzem
- Have psvt prescribed dilzem for increased palpitation right medication
- What is injection dilzem effect ?