Are the ingredients of Oflomac M forte and Oflomac Forte similar?
Oflomac M forte was prescribed for 5days to my 8months old baby,but noticed that Oflomac Forte was given instead. Will that have any significant difference ? Plz advise.
Oflamac fort is sufficient for bacterial infection
Thanks for the query
Oflamac M forte contains oflaxacin an antibiotic and metronidazole an antiprotozoal (parasites).
You have mentioned in your history that stool examination is showing bacterial infection not protozoal (parasitic).
Oflamac forte contains oflaxacin which is appropriate for bacterial infection.So here I won't get worried.
Please consult your physician if there is any need of metronidazole also.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Stool report suggests bacterial infection (dysentery)
Thanks for follow up
I have seen the report.Presence of Red blood cells,mucus,pus cells and bacteria in stool indicates bacterial infection of intestine (dysentery).
In most of the cases it improves with oral antibiotic. Fluroquinolone group of antibiotic like ofloxacin is good for such infection.
I would suggest you to continue with the same.
Give plenty of fluids with zinc.Observe for worsening of symptoms,persistence of loose stool or presence of XXXXXXX blood in stool.If you notice any consult your pediatrician.
Wishing for your child's speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oflomac forte syrup banned
- Benifits of oflomac forte syrup
- Purpose of oflomac forte syrup
- What is the composition of oflomac forte
- Oflomac forte syrup for kids
- What is the purpose of oflomac forte
- What is the work of oflomac forte
- Oflomac forte pediatric composition
- Oflomac forte composition
- Oflomac forte for disease
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting