Are tender lymph nodes indicative of cancer?
Lymohnodes from infections.
Thank you using Healthcaremagic to post your health concern.
I read it carefully and I understand your concern.
The fact that your lympnodes are tender suggests an infection, so something not cancerous.
They may come from a skin infection (a wound, pimples, etc), ear infection, teeth or a mouth infection. So an infection of any of the structures close to the lymph nodes.
Of course, they should resolve within 6 months after the infection is treated. If not then the cause should be investigated more and especially consider their biopsy which is the final test and the best.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Klarida Papaqako, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is lymph node cancer contagious
- Cancer cells in lymph nodes
- Metastatic cancer lymph nodes
- Lymph nodes cancer pics
- Cancerous swollen lymph nodes
- Cancer in abdominal lymph nodes
- Does swollen cervical lymph node indicate cancer
- Cancer in celiac lymph node
- Treatment of lymph node cancer
- Secondary cancer in lymph nodes