Are symptoms of a pinched nerve the same as a pulled muscle?
Symptoms will be little different
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.
As far as your query is concerned, both are different is the sense that if lesion involves complete detachment of nerve root then it will not have any sensation left in the area where it is supplying and both sensations and commands will be affected while in a pinched nerve can cause pains, parasthesias and numbness in the area where it is supplying but complete function isn't lost. Nerve lesions may be caused by trauma or during surgical interventions but pinching can be due to compression by sorrounding vertebral body or soft tissue over the nerve and is correctable once the offending cause is removed but complete lesion or detachment is difficult to be reversed.
Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of pinched nerve?
- Pinched nerve in arm symptoms
- Pinched nerve in tail bone symptoms
- Pinched nerve in left armpit symptoms
- Pinched nerve neck symptoms
- Symptoms of pinched nerve in jaw
- Pinched nerve in chest symptoms
- Pinched nerve symptoms constipation
- Pinched nerve in armpit symptoms
- Pinched nerve symptoms jaw and ear