Are swollern glands and diarrhea symptoms of HIV?

General Surgeon
Question
2 weeks ago I had an encounter with a man. It consisted of me sucking on his index and middle fingers in my mouth for about a minute and then he fingered my anus with one of those fingers for about a minute. That was it. Later that day I developed swollen glands and I had diarrhea two days later for a couple days that comes and goes. My question is am I at risk for HIV infection?
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no risk of exposure

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

You are definitely not at any risk of contracting HIV. As you have not come in any contact with his secretion there is absolutely no risk of HIV infection.
The swollen glands and diarrhea are unrelated to the exposure.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh