Are swollen lymph nodes in right-sided neck a cause for concern?
the lymph node would respond to any surrounding infection/inflammation
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Lymph nodes increase in size in response to any infection or inflammation in the surrounding area.
The occipital node is responding to what is going on in your ear.
After an infection or inflammatory process , a lymph node can sometimes take 4 to 6 weeks to return to normal size, though this can occur much sooner in some persons.
Ear pressure and bubbling sensations may indicate that you are developing an ear infection or your sinuses may be affected.
You can continue the pain medication if it is severe but you may need to see your doctor so that your ear can be reviewed. If it is an ear infection then you would need either oral or topical antibiotics.
If it is due to the sinuses then the use of the pain medication, antihistamines and decongestants may be enough
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can allergies cause swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Swollen lymph nodes on right side of body
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Slightly swollen lymph node on side of neck
- Hard swollen lymph nodes only right side of neck
- Swollen lymph nodes neck caused by pimple
- Swollen lymph nodes in groin right side
- Swollen lymph nodes right side of face tinnitus
- Causes swollen lymph nodes neck
- Causes of swollen lymph nodes