Are swelling of legs and fingers indicative of a panic attack?
It feels something like a panic attack which I haven't had for years. My bp is good: since 5:00 am 116/62 p90; 109/66 p84; 109/68 p74. Since I wear glasses I can' t tell if my vision is blurry.
When can I expect to receive input on my condition? its been over 30 minutes. HCM309327
Drug eruption or anaphylaxis should be ruled out
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, though the symptoms are non specific for any allergy but drug eruption should be ruled out due to rash and swelling as well as tingling. A careful recall of any newer food intake or any processed foods or chemicals exposure should also be ruled out alongwith any new fabric or any other topical application.
Other causes of such swelling should be ruled out by having baseline liver and renal functions as well as cardiac echo cardiogram preview to assess the cardiac output. A urinalysis to rule out any protien leak in urine should also be looked at.
Meanwhile if swelling persists and rash extends a dermatologist review for systemic steroids and anti histamines like cetrizine or loratidine alongwith topical steroids creams can be sought.
Try to keep good hydration and stay relaxed. If you have any trouble in breathing or any swelling appears on face or around eyes, you will need to immediately consult nearby medical facility ER.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Iron anemia panic attacks
- Reason for acute testicle swelling panic attacks and fever
- Panic attacks pinched nerve
- Mucinex panic attack
- Panic attacks and arm swelling
- Panic attack and cervical spine
- Low potassium panic attacks
- Esophageal spasm panic attacks
- Can difficult to breathe chest tightness indicate a panic attack
- Tyrosine panic attack
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?