Are stuttering and repetition of words while recovering from high fever and febrile seizures serious concerns?
This is definitely not related to the seizure
Hi... this is definitely not related to the seizure which he has got.
What your child has experienced two times is only simple febrile seizure, which is very common and Packers in almost 4% of general population.
The stuttering of words during the sentence formation is also common and occurs in who see people who has stuttering and start imitating the same.
The best way out is to encourage the child to talk slowly and the adults in the family also should be talking each word slowly, so that the child will learn by seeing them.
Encourage by two or three word sentence formation initially and asking him to repeat the same slowly.
I again reassure you that this is not at all related to the febrile seizure he has experienced.
Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Zinc metabolism and febrile seizure
- 5 minute febrile seizures connected to stuttering
- Can febrile seizures cause stuttering and stammering
- Febrile seizure and stuttering
- Febrile seizure teeth discolor
- Febrile seizures nose bleed
- Could fever and shaking a warning symptom of febrile seizure
- Febrile seizure and dpt vaccine
- Febrile seizure with fever ayurveda
- Ticks after febrile seizures