Are sore throat and severe fatigue indicative of acute mononucleosis?
I need to know the result of EBV serology (IgM,IgG).
I have read your history and I need to know the result of your serology for EBV VCA IgM and IgG in order to find if this is an acute situation or chronic active situation.
You should know that sometimes the acute mononucleosis could be asymptomatic, but it can cause active symptomatic infection, including infectious mononucleosis, which resolves spontaneously after EBV-specific immunity develops.
EBV usually remains latent following the primary infection, although in some patients it progresses to chronic active infection characterized by a persistent infectious mononucleosis-like syndrome, which may include fever, persistent hepatitis, extensive lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, pancytopenia, high viral loads in peripheral blood, and an unusual pattern of EBV-related antibodies.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Monika Dede, Infectious Diseases Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constant sore throat and fatigue
- Lightheaded fatigue sore throat
- Sore throat fatigue no fever
- What does sore throat fatigue and chills indicate
- Dizzy sore throat fatigue
- Sore throat headache fatigue
- Mononucleosis sore throat duration
- Fatigue sore throat for months
- Fatigue and aches and sore throat
- Chronic sore throat and fatigue