Are sore nipples normal in an elderly woman with a history of hysterectomy?
Thanks for the query to HCM,
It is not normal at all, rather it is unlikely to be due to hormonal imbalance or oestrogen deficiency as well, but the most common cause can be fibromyalgia and hence echoed be ruled out as a cause. please meet your surgeon or gynecologist to discuss this option and take an informed decision with regards to its treatment. Also advised would be to undertake a mammography scan.
no mammograph required again
No,in that case mamogram is not requires as dense breast tissue indicates the cause being fibromyalgia. The best treatment would be supportive with hot fomentation for 15 min each twice a day and if required use of NSAIDS Sos.
Tears most of the time
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is spotting after hysterectomy normal
- Nipple discoloration after hysterectomy
- Breast soreness after hysterectomy
- Abdominal soreness after a hysterectomy
- Sore ribs after hysterectomy
- Nipple discharge after hysterectomy
- Is fainting normal after hysterectomy
- Soreness after hysterectomy
- Pain after hysterectomy is this normal
- Fatigue and soreness after hysterectomy