Are small white spots on cheeks of an infant signs of vitamin deficiency?
My son age 14 months and he is having small white spot on the right side above cheeks. what could be the issue, is that due to vitamins deficiency?. could you please suggest something.
till he completes his one year we gave the D vitamins drop as per the doctor suggestion.
thank you. XXXXXXX
Probably pityriasis XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing to us.
It would be more helpful if you can attach a picture of the patch.
Contact helpdesk for assistance in attaching photos.
Based on your description it could be pityriasis XXXXXXX which is a common skin issue at this age.
Usually no cause is identified.
It doesn't need much treatment except keeping face clean and moist with frequent washing and use moisturising lotions like dermadew.
Try deworming him with albendazole.
Multivitamins like zincovit drops at 1 ml per day is what I prescribe routinely for such patients in my clinic though it may not be directly relates to vitamin deficiency.
Wishing your child good health and speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vitamin deficiency red cheeks
- Ear ache vitamin deficiency
- Vitamin deficiency white spots on skin in one year old baby
- Vitamin deficiency signs and symptoms
- Vitamin deficiency in children white spots on face
- Vitamin deficiency shyness
- Vitamin deficiency eyes hurt
- Vitamin deficiency associated with cholecystectomy
- Vitamin deficiencies with trifluoperazine
- Shin splints vitamin deficiency
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....