Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Are responsiveness and unlocking one's phone possible post seizure attack?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 558 Questions
Could someone that has had a seizure be even the slighest bit responsive following the episode. For example could they recognize their name by looking up when called or even unlock their phone?
Tue, 22 May 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Confusion after a seizure

Detailed Answer:

I believe I understand what you are asking and thank you for choosing this platform for your question.
Usually, a seizure, which involves loss of consciousness, is followed by a period of confusion and drowsiness. The person may appear disoriented, nauseous and usually with little realization that they had just had a seizure. This may last anywhere from 5 to 30 or more minutes, depending on the extent of the seizure.
It is very unlikely for a person that has suffers a seizure to look up or figure out a phone passcode.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kibd regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor