Are repetitive thoughts a symptom of OCD?

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Mental Health
Question: Hello, are repetative thoughts a symptom of OCD? I have bipolar disorder and have recently been switched to Saphris, Zoloft and Lamictal. Is it safe to take vitamins, inositol, l-theanine? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes its safe to take vitamins.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

The repetitive thoughts could be due to obsessive thoughts but if you have OCD or not that should be evaluated.

Dominating, intrusive, repetitive thoughts that are purposeless and persist in mind and cause significant stress are due to obsessive thoughts.

You are on right medicines for bipolar disorder and no need to worry. Yes its safe to take vitamins, inositol and L theanine with these medicines

Take vitamin B12, folate, D and E supplements which will result in maximal benefits. L-theanine will help in reducing the anxiety too.

Thanks and Take care
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 11 minutes later
Just another question... Are GABA l-cartinine and choline safe to take with Saphris Zoloft and Lamictal? Thank you for your patience
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes these are safe to use.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Yes these are nutritional supplements and are safe to use. Avoid using in high dose.

Thanks