Are repeated muscle cramps signs of RLS?
Please consider following guidelines
I share your concern
This could be muscle cramps or a symptom of RLS as well. Back problems may also present with similar symptoms. Therefore the diagnosis can only be established through careful clinical examination and investigations. I would suggest for blood for hemoglobin, complete blood count, liver and kidney function test, thyroid profile, blood sugar and serum electrolytes as well as nutritional assessment. Back X-ray or a MRI scan is entailed after local examination. Your local treating doctor will know about it.
Until you get this problem sorted, I would advise you to follow these guidelines for better relief
Make a habit of exercise regularly
Establish a regular sleep pattern
Say no to smoking alcohol or coffee
Leg massage when you feel cramps
You can apply hot packs, heating pads or ice packs
You can use Vibrating pad or massages chair
Yoga, meditation and relaxation exercises will definitely help you
Thanks for posting your query
Please feel free to ask for more clarification, I will gladly answer you
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lyme disease muscle cramps
- Typhoid fever muscle cramps
- Muscle cramps on cilest
- Masseter muscle cramping myopathy
- Hangover muscle cramps
- Pubococcygeus muscle cramp
- Digitorum longus muscle cramp
- Muscle cramps and weakness in arms
- Muscle cramp pc muscle
- Is muscle cramp and twitching a sign of pulmonary embolism
- What causes intermittent severe stomach pain?
- What causes stinging pain in chest radiating towards waist during...
- What causes constant heart palpitations?
- What causes cold sensation of body in a person with hypothyroidism?
- Suggest remedy for itching under upper legs
- Suggest treatment for increased BP,bulemia and breathing difficulty
- Suggest treatment for rash on back with shingles and blisters
- Suggest treatment for positive TMT test result
- Is the stress thallium test more reliable than angiography?
- Suggest treatment for chest pain and palpitations after aortic...