Are repeat PPD tests required despite positive test results?
Continue with chest X-rays when ever prompted!
Once you have a positive PPD, there is no need repeating it again. It shows that you have been at least exposed some time in the past. If there are any follow up evaluations, like for employment, only repeat chest x-rays are needed.
You do not need to do routine chest x-rays unless mandated by your job for legal/employment purposes. If you took INH for 9months, you would have been cleared from follow up CXR. Without that, you have to keep doing so.
I know QuantiFERON is better than PPD. However, health professionals are expected to have no other result that may represent even a small risk of 1% to their patients.
In all, follow up CXR. No more PPD or QuantiFERON as they will not change the need for a CXR, still.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ivo Ditah, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Positive pregnancy test results
- Question ppd test itchiness positive
- What is a positive ppd test
- Positive stool test result
- Positive ppd skin test psoriasis
- Should i repeat the ppd test once more
- Positive ppd repeat test
- False positive ppd skin test
- Ppd test false positive
- Thyroid cancer with positive ppd test
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?