question-icon

Are redness and tingling sensations throughout the body indicative of an allergic reaction?

Posted on Sat, 4 Apr 2020
Question: My husband suddenly became red all over his body (including his eyes) about 5 hours ago. This was accompanied by a sensation of pins and needles and burning throughout his body. The only thing that has relieved this somewhat has been using his C-Pap machine. He has never had allergies before but is on a number of medications and recently doubled his intake of Flomax. Also has used CBD oil to ease back pain. What could have happened so suddenly?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:

Possibility of acute allergic reaction or something (insect) bite is more l

Detailed Answer:

By your history and description, possibility of acute allergic reaction (food may be) or some insect bite is more likely.

I don't think it is due to increasing dose of Flomax.

It's association with CPAP is also strange.

If it is persistent or worsening then better to consult dermatologist for this.
No harm in taking Zyrtec (anti histamine).

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Kaushal Bhavsar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist