Are red, puffy and painful eyes signs of conjunctivitis?
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This is conjunctivitis. Since this has occurred after Dusting that looks like the reason how you got it.Are the eyes are stuck up in the morning when you get up.If yes then the conjunctivitis is bacterial if not then it is vital..Usually it is a mixed cause.Due to dust going into the eye various organisms enter the eye and there is a element of allergy also.
What you have done is good,what we want to add up is antibiotic eye drops like Gentycin, ciprofloxcin or moxifloxcin, any one which you can get is fine.Add to that is antibiotic eye ointment like Neosporine to be applied daily at bed time.
If you can get these drops and ointment, itsgood otherwise what you are doing should control it in a couple of days.
Any further query in this regard please do get back to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for headache red eyes conjunctivitis and viral infection
- Contracted conjunctivitis eye is red and itchy
- Conjunctivitis and impetigo of eye
- Computer eye syndrome conjunctivitis
- Redness leakage in eye suspecting conjunctivitis treatment
- Could itchiness redness in eyes be due to conjunctivitis
- Pink puffy swollen eye eczema conjunctivitis
- Steroid eye drops in conjunctivitis
- Bruising beneath eyes with conjunctivitis
- Conjunctivitis peeling eye lid
- Plaquenil,vitreous detachment.Side effect?
- How is eye infection in diabetics treated ?
- Optic atrophy, uveitis. Curable?
- Does cannabis have any side effect causing retina tear ?
- Can driving, swimming, flight journey and involve in sex, 10 days after...
- What are the brown patches in my eye after being hit by a soccer ball?
- Green discharge from eye, red eye, unable to open eyelid. Causes ?
- How is hypermetropia in children treated ?
- Eye pain, taken artificial tears, wear CPAP mask, have type 2 diabetes,...
- Congenital cataract in both eyes, signs of squint. First squint surgery...