Are productive cough and rashes on the cheeks of a child serious concerns?

Pulmonologist
Question
Hello My daughter has had a phlegm producing cough for about 4 days now and rash on her cheeks. Her temperature has only been 98.7 or lower. She's a little cranky, but other than that acting very normal. Im wondering what the rash on her checks is from and if this illness is something more serious.
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
viral situation

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

As you explain the history in my opinion this might be mostly a viral situation .Sometimes in children in a viral common cold we can see a rash of the skin.
It might be encountered even in some bacterial ones but it passes soon.
Usually it might last for 3-5 days approximately.

You should be careful in monitoring her situation during this time.To control the fever too and use paracetamol if needed amd a lot of water .

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda