Are probiotics effective in treating for mild antral gastritis?

Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i have got mild antral gastritis can you please suggest a cure for it through diet control only the doctor has prescribed me hi XXXXXXX acid and some probiotics do you think that this is the correct medication
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis and diet control measures.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dipster.
Gastritis can be controlled by diet alone , so these measures may help you.
Try raising the head of your bed about 4 inches with blocks.
It also might help yo avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down.
To help control stomach acid one should drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them or eat chocolates or spicy or greasy or oily foods .
Over eating is one of the most prominent cause of gastritis , so avoid it .
Tension and anxiety also produce more acid in stomach .
Also take some antacid as advised your doctor as it helps in gastritis because neutralized acid in stomach.
But if symptoms are sever you may need drugs like proton pump inhibitors like pantaloc-D once or twice in day depending on severity of gastritis.
Probiotics promote normal intestinal bacterial flora , so help in digestion .Hope this information will be helpful for you. If further any question I will reply in follow up.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D