Are persistent watery stools a cause for concern?
Supportive care and work up for other etiologies
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Watery stools for months at age of 79 with normal stool test, is likely an irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea predominant. Just modify diet and lifestyle, take some imodium,continue taking probiotics, prefer fibrous diet and more fluids, avoid triggers like spices, dairy products, fatty foods, processed and canned foods, soda, beverage, alcohol etc and prefer yogurt and peppermint in every meal as that help being best natural probiotic and antispasmodic respectively.
You should also talk to a gastroenterologist to rule out some other pathologies like inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulitis etc.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Smoking causes watery stool
- Constipation watery stools weight loss causes
- Oreo causes black watery stools
- Causes watery stool
- What could be the cause for watery stools
- Causes of yellow watery stools
- What is causing the cloudy watery stool
- Can diarrhea cause frequent, loose, watery stools?
- Why would beets cause watery stools
- What causes black watery stools