question-icon

Are persistent dry red patches on the back of the legs worrisome?

Posted on Fri, 16 Nov 2018
Question: My daughter has some red marks and or rash on the back of her legs. The red patches seem to be "dry". These symptoms have been persistent for two weeks.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Topical steroid and oral antihistamine.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query...

I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.

Perhaps she has papular urticaria or is hypersensitivity it's to an insect bite.

I suggest you apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g. Fluticasone Propionate or Triamcinolone Acetonide cream. In addition, I suggest her to take syp Cetirizine for symptomatic relief from itching.

Hope this answers your query...

Dr. Kakkar S., Dermatologist
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist