• question-icon

Are pelvic cramps along with diarrhea a sign of pregnancy?

Posted on Wed, 30 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi doctor I did a pregnancy test yesterday which is one day after a missed period. My last period was on the 4th of December 2017. I was having really bad cramps like my period will come and a lot of pelvic pain on the right side and two days ago on the left hip bone. I am really worried. I went to the hospital today where they took me in for examiniation. They did a transvaginal scan and could not find any gestitional sac they saw the uterus but nothing inside. I am really freaked out. Then they did a urine test at the hospital and the result came out positive. Maybe it is too early for the sac to show or would it be something like like a chemical pregnancy? I’m so worried so stressed. I have no signs of bleeding. Only have pelvic cramps are coming and going and feel very nausea also had diharrea just now with lots of abdominal pain. I also just had a baby 9 months ago
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get serum beta HCG evaluated.

Detailed Answer:

You are just two days overdue and it is too early to a gestational sac in the uterus right now. You need to wait for at least one week before you see a sac in the uterus. To confirm the pregnancy you can get your serum B Hcg levels evaluated. Doubling of the Hcg titre in 48 hours will confirm the pregnancy.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
I hope this answers your query.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN