Are panic mediators the hormones released during a panic attack?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: I've heard the term "panic mediators" used when talking of a panic attack. Is this a term of all the hormones released in a panic attack or what
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX I'm glad to see you back on HCM. Hopefully we can resume therapy at some point!

The term "mediator" is a cognitive behavioral term referring to something that helps combat anxiety and panic during a panic attack. These are not hormones, but rather thought patterns that are practiced to help reduce the severity of panic. An example would be constantly reminding yourself that you are not in any real danger, despite panic telling you you might be having a heart attack.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 23 hours later
My answer doesn't go through when I hit submit. Try this again.
Yes I am around. Been busy interviewing and moving boxes back a few at a time. Am trying to hurry a job up so I can leave here

Health is better but very little as I spend time rush rush rush
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
I can imagine you are very busy indeed! I hope you take some time for yourself to make sure you are continuing therapy and managing your anxiety especially in this stressful time. I'm here for you!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 days later
I will follow up soon, I had a good night when I went to sleep, my meds kicked in and I opened up airways. Woke up in middle of night and it was closed up again. So this weekend I will figure out what I did right and wrong. Rest and Relax and get well
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
I'd here to help if you need me!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 hours later
Oh i will be contacting you. believe me
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
I'm glad to hear that. I'm looking forward to helping you :)