Are pain, itching and blood discharge at the site of a benign cyst normal?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi Doc,
I found there is a hard lump (tiny - pea shaped) and went and saw the Doctor yesterday, he did a thorough checkup.
Based on his analysis what he mentioned is - its is not a hemorrhoid but a Benign Subcutaneous Cyst.

It is small and it is bouncing back even after pushing it in.

Its smooth and got skin around it and he thinks there might be some liquid in it.

Its not a wart or something cancerous in clinical checking

He asked me to watch it and report in case it grows and he can recommend to a surgeon to remove it. But he thinks it is not needed from what he observed.
Today I went for a walk and I felt itchy. Before I went for walk I asked my area and I am not sure if I scratched the skin in the annal are while checking for the cyst.
When I came home and wiped the area there was some blood stains (red fresh) on the toilet paper.

I am a bit worried and I am going to see the doctor on Wednesday as it is holiday here in next 2 days.
Is there anything to worry ? My family doctors insists its not cancer. I am worried.
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be Hemorrhoids in all likelihood...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough.

Please note..

1. Benign subcutaneous cyst, in that area is highly unlikely..
But, yes they can exist rarely.

2. The history of bleeding goes in favour of Hemorrhoids, called piles in common terms.

3. Do you have pain?

4. Considering your age, there is nothing to worry.
I can think of two things.

A. Hemorrhoids, most common cause can cause such problems and needs surgical management.

B. Can still be a cyst and I suggest a surgical removal and biopsy of that cyst.

5. Most importantly, do not worry. I'm myself a surgeon and we see good number of such cases and they go well..

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me directly.
Or, you can close the question and rate.

Take care..

Follow-up: Are pain, itching and blood discharge at the site of a benign cyst normal? 47 minutes later
I twas not oozing blood out but just like stains of blood. Doctor asked me to go see him on wednesday.

Have you seen cysts like that in the past ? My doctor says it is not cancer. As it has a shape and when he pushed it it bounce slowly back. He says there could be some liquid in it, and when I searched I found it matching Lipoma.

There is no pain, I felt itchy after the walk. I did site bath after bowl movements and I don't have any constipation.

I tried to take a picture and I can't see the cyst unless I touch it, basically it is blow the skin close to the rectal hole.

Also my mom had similar issues with Hemorrhoids as she does bleed once in a while (not impact) she uses coconut oil and all is well.

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seen but very rare presentation..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome back..

Please note..

1. Yes I seen. But most of the times, it would be infected cysts.
But again, cysts usually won't bleed or cause such stains.

2. Yes, cancer is highly unlikely..

3. No. Lipoma again is very much an unlikely diagnosis. With bleeding and such areas I would almost say NO to lipoma.

4. No pain, can be due to hemorrhoids also.

Hope this helps you..
Take care..

Follow-up: Are pain, itching and blood discharge at the site of a benign cyst normal? 13 minutes later
What is an infected cyst mean ? Is it cancer ?

Secondly it could be hemorrhoid or I accidentally hurt the area while I was checking on the cyst which could tear the skin right?

I will wait to see the doctor anyways. I am really scared ;(

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, not a cancer thing..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome back..

Please note..

1. Infection cyst means, infection of the cyst that will result in long standing cases..

2. No, it is not a cancerous condition.

3. No, tear in cyst will usually cause the contents of the cyst to extravasate and not bleed.

4. Please do not get scared. There is nothing to worry..

Hope this helps..
Take care..