question-icon

Are numbness in finger tips, ears ringing and lightheadedness signs of pneumonia?

Posted on Mon, 23 May 2016
Question: Came down with flu last Thursday - taking care of that. Today - finger tips and lips numb and tingly, ears ringing, feeling like I can't get enough air and very light headed. Pneumonia?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Respiratory tract infection should be considered.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Symptoms you describe indicate that there is insufficient oxygen supply. So, respiratory tract infection including pneumonia should be taken in consideration and evaluated further.

There is need to be examined clinically and by imaging studies, so, I suggest you to consult with your primary care Doctor.

Treatment depends on the diagnosis concluded after being examined.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical