Are night sweats a symptom of HIV infection?
Low risk but Get tested for HIV
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Though there is a low chance of transmission with undetectable viral load, the fact that you condom broke and you came into risky contact with an HIV positive individual should be kept in mind. To have peace of mind you should get tested for HIV. If the test is negative then it should be repeated after 3 months to be sure. Pain medication and postoperative recovery both can cause diaphoresis but there is no specific clue towards them being the cause. HIV should be ruled out on priority basis.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of asymptomatic hiv infection
- Symptoms of hiv infection
- Symptoms of acute hiv infection
- Symptoms of ways hiv infection
- Symptoms of early hiv infection
- Symptoms of positive hiv infection
- Initial symptoms of hiv infection
- Diarrhea pain fever night sweat after protected sex hiv infection
- Immediate symptoms of hiv infection
- Symptoms of aids hiv infection