Are negative PCR RNA HIV tests one year after exposure conclusive?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hello Doctors,

I had a protected sex encounters last year July. I checked for HIV antibodies and antigen in Jul 2016. It came as negative. I also took Multiplex PCR RNA test(Roche Multiplex) for (HIV , Hepatitis B and C) which is also negative. So shall I consider my test conclusive and move on?
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes definitely.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Welcome to HCM.

First of all, you had protected sex and HIV antibody antigen test along with RNA PCR both are negative after one year then you need not to fear or worry at all because you are 100% safe and risk free.

These test results are definitely conclusive so you can forget the episode and move on in life happily. For any further query feel free to ask me any time and I am always available here to help you out.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee