Are nausea, lower back pain and pelvic pain signs of pregnancy?

Question
Hi doctor we had intercourse on day of ovulation did a ovulation test it was positive. Had a baby 8 months ago. Want to have our second InshaaAllah. 2 days late on period. I might or might not be pregnant. I feel really nausea and too much lower abdominal lower back and pelvic pain. The pain feels like contractions it’s so sore.
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get a serum beta hcg test done

Detailed Answer:
if you are feeling that you are pregnant and you are over due by 2 days, then the best way to confirm or rule out pregnancy shall be to get a serum beta hcg test done. If the hcg levels are more than 5mIU then you are surely pregnant and in that case the pain in lower abdomen could be due to progesterone effect, but if the hcg levels are less than 3mIu then you are surely not pregnant and in that case, these could be PMS symptoms indicating that you are due for your menses soon.

Follow-up: Are nausea, lower back pain and pelvic pain signs of pregnancy? 1 hour later
Or should I do a urine test? I’m feeling so sick like too much feeling of vomiting and sick. Too much pain as well. Maybe tomorrow morning I can do a urine test. Tomorrow is cd27 should I wait a few more days?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
you can get it done

Detailed Answer:

Ideally speaking the correct time to perform a urine pregnancy test is only after 8 days after the missed periods to avoid any false negatives, but you may get it done tomorrow with early morning first urine sample.

Follow-up: Are nausea, lower back pain and pelvic pain signs of pregnancy? 15 hours later
Ok il just wait till next week and do a test as we are away on a short break. Also as I am suspecting pregnancy, I was washing my hands and there was like an electric currrent shock and my hands are sore after that could that affect the foetus by any chance if I am pregnant. Just worried

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Answered

Detailed Answer:

Electric shock in itself is denerving and can often cause a momentary decrease in local blood supply. So, if you are pregnant and there has been no spotting or bleeding per vaginum after 6 hrs of the episode, then your pregnancy should be safe.

Please revert back with the pregnancy test report.

Follow-up: Are nausea, lower back pain and pelvic pain signs of pregnancy? 45 hours later
Hi I did a hon pregnant test and it is positive I am having a lot of pain in the right side coming and going pelvic pain and yesterday noticed pain on the left side of the hip bone also a lot of discharge with odour

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
get a vaginal swab culture done

Detailed Answer:
If the pregnancy test is positive then now you have to be started on progesterones supplementation to support pregnancy along with folic acid supplementation daily.
Secondly, a high vaginal swab culture shall be required to rule out bacterial vaginosis infection which is the most common cause of foul smell per vaginum and also can cause PID symptoms ( pain that you are experiencing). If confirmed then it can be treated with local alkaline vaginal washes in early pregnancy and then a short course of vaginal pessary shall help.
Please meet your gynaecologist and obstetrician for the swab test and the prescription or prenatal vitamins and progesterone supplementation.

Hi I had already started taking prenatal vitamins including folic acid a month ago. Why do I need progesterone tablets?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its to support pregnancy to avoid any chance of miscarriage

Detailed Answer:
In case there is a vaginal infection and secondary PID or pelvic inflammatory disease then there may be chances of threatened miscarriage. Hence progesterone supplementation is advises which shall be supportive to placental and trophoblastic implantation and invasion and can prevent any such mishap.

If infection detected then it too would have to be treated side by side keeping in mind that you are still in your early pregnancy. Also important would be a transvaginal ultrasound to check for foetal viability by 6-8 weeks of gestation to check for foetal heart rate next.
Brief Answer:
you need not worry.....explained.

Detailed Answer:
Please do not be worried. They are right. If the pregnancy is just 4 weeks then actually even a gestational sac is often not visible inside the uterus. So ideally the scan needs to be done at 6 weeks -7 weeks gestation to localise pregnancy and also to check for foetal heart rate. So you should get the scan done again after 2 weeks. But i hope you got the vaginal swab culture test done? Did they do a local examination for you?

Hi doctor I just came to the hospital they did a transvaginal scan I think I’m only 4 weeks right now. And the doctor said they can’t see anything so they re- did a test urine test at the hospital and it came positive. The lab tech said that it may be too early in the pregnancy hence why nothing is showing up. I’m worried . No the gynacologist here was so stupid he said it’s normal and u don’t have to do it and then he kept saying if I give u drugs it can drop the baby so leave it. In my last pregnancy I used peasantry. He didn’t mention about progesterone as well. I even have a lot of Diharrea and while I’m getting the diharrea too much abdominal pain.I am really worried. Maybe it is too early for the sac to show up could I have already been through a miscarriage like was it only a chemical pregnancy. I’m so worried so stressed. I have no signs of bleeding pelvic cramps are coming and going and feel very nausea also had diharrea just now with lots of abdominal pain.

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
If there was no bleeding involved , then there is no miscarriage at all. The pain is due to rising hcg levels , secondary to growing pregnancy, which can cause laxity of uterosacrals thereby causing pain and also increased GI motility. I would like you to keep yourself well hydrated with increased water intake. This shall help in reducing cramps as well.
I hope they have started you on progesterones.