Are nausea, light sensitivity and severe headache indicative of meningitis?
The stiffness of the neck and sore shoulder may be indicative of cervical strain and meningitis. For diagnosis of cervical strain please undergo X-ray cervical spine ap and lateral view.
For meningitis get the lab work as TLC, DLC, CRP. But meningitis is usually diagnosed by CSF and clinical examination by a doctor.
In meningitis, a person has a fever as well.
As per 31 yrs age, I will consider cervical strain as the first possibility. Migraine as the second possibility. And meningitis as the third possibility.
Take her to the ER. Till your ER visit, you may give her analgesic.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Varinder Joshi , General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nausea severe headache blood in stool
- Severe headache nausea no energy
- Severe headaches and nausea and fever
- Severe headaches and nausea after tattoo
- Severe headache with nausea treatment
- Severe headache with nausea pregnant
- Severe headaches and nausea
- Severe headache nausea is it a serious condition
- Diagnosed with viral meningitis suffering from severe headache help
- Severe headache low fever pricking eyes relapse of viral meningitis
- What causes pain and spasms in the rib cage?
- Is Benadryl useful in treating hives on the stomach as a result of an...
- Is short-term memory loss indicative of a transient ischemic?
- What causes a sharp pain in the lower body midway between shoulder and hip?
- Are bite marks on the body at night indicative of insect bites?
- Is Mahacef or Zenflox more effective at treating diarrhoea?
- What causes a watery and yellowish-brown color ejaculate, reduced libido...
- What causes headache along with the bursting of a blood vessel in the...
- Suggest antibiotics to treat acute bronchitis
- Is compounding sterile preparations of CoQ10, Shilajit and PQQ legitimate?