Are nausea immediately after eating and intermittent vomiting due to a parasite?

Gastroenterologist
Question
For the last few months, no matter what I eat, after a few bites, I feel like I need to throw up (Sometimes I do).
I've been reluctant to find a new doctor because since I moved I was cancelled by my Medicare Advantage plan and just have Original Medicare now. Could it be a parasite?
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be gastritis or gut inflammation due go infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question and understand your concern.

It can either be due to gastritis in which there is severe inflammation in gastric mucosa lining which causes nausea and emesis on taking food.
Second possibility is Enteritis or infection in gut.Toxins released by bacterias also causes inflammation in gut wall causing nausea emesis and other symptoms.

For the time being, I'd suggest to drink more water, Take probiotics VSL#3 twice dalily and an antiemetic like Zofran 4 mg sos.
I'd suggest, then, to do an abdominal ultrasound, fecal examination for ova/parasites, feces occult blood, leucocytes in feces, and complete blood profile.

Follow up with reports.
Thanks!