Are natural medications effective in treating intermittent and severe anxiety?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 30 Oct 2018 in Mental Health
Question: my 21 year old granddaughter (who I raised) has gone thru anxiety, pretty severely. right now She is unemployed and of course no insurance. can't afford counseling. the anxiety comes and goes, but is getting worse. she went to quite a bit of counseling from ages 15 thr 20 and was diagnosed with anxiety. briefly took a medication, I don't remember what it was. right now she is very negative about everything. I DID TAKE HER TO THE DOCTOR AND HE SENT HER TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM SO SHE COULD BE TESTED FOR EVERYTHING. the results were that nothing was wrong with her, physically. I have ordered some "natural" stuff on line that will come in a few days. is that natural stuff usually any good. ?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Please name the product

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and understand your concerns about the anxiety faced by your grand daughter.

I like to inform you that there are many natural products available in the market which claim effectiveness in anxiety disorders however very few have some success if any.

I will request you to name the product, contents and manufactures so I can answer the question specifically about the product.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Ashok Kumar, Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T