Are moringa leaves safe to consume during pregnancy?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: hi, is it safe to comsume moringa leaves (dried n powdered) during pregnancy. The internet is filled with both positive n negative views...please suggest
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Safe during pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

You can have a moderate amount of moringa leaves during pregnancy but it alone is not sufficient for all the basic needs of pregnancy.

You need to continue taking the iron and calcium supplements as prescribed by your gynaecologist also. It can take care of the micronutrients only.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Brief Answer:

Welcome.

Detailed Answer:

Yes, one teaspoon of moringa leaves powder along with milk is safe to consume every day.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
thank you.. i will continue with medicines for sure. Does one teaspoon of moringa leaves powder along with milk is safe to consume everyday?