Are lower left quadrant pain along with tenderness and pain while walking a matter of concern

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
I have lower left quadrant pain, ate a lot of popcorn yesterday at the movies. DIscomfort started last night, was able to sleep. Am able to pass gas, had normal bowel movement this am (soft brown, no pus/blood noted). No fever, nausea or vomiting, Tender to touch and pain when walking/movement. Is this residual pain or something I need to be worried about? Daily Meds: Losartan +Hctz, Metoprolol, Levothyroxine
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better to get a clinical evaluation, examination and investigations.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Tenderness on touching and pain on walking or movements indicate the need to have proper clinical evaluation, examination and investigations as needed. Popcorns alone can not cause such symptoms.
In the presence of other problems it is better to be sure about the probable cause and management.
Tenderness and pain on walking/movement indicate internal inflammatory lesion may be like Diverticulitis or colitis as one of the possibilities.

I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.