question-icon

Are lower abdomen cramps normal during the early days of conception?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: I tested for pregnancy 3 days back using PregaNews and it came to be positive. I am having cramp like pain in my left lower abdomen. Is it normal? I plan to visit doctor after 10 days. Do i need to visit doctor soon?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam (3 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It is better to consult the doctor.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

Though it is common for mild cramping sensation to occur during the early days of conception, it is always advisable to consult a specialist in the initial stages to assure the safety of the pregnancy.

I would ask you to see your doctor as soon as possible. If you are at least a week past your expected menstrual date, a trans-vaginal sonogram can give you the status of the pregnancy including the location of the gestation sac and the viability.

Please practice abstinence and take bed rest. Do not make prolonged travel or lift weights.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN