Are low cortisol levels a cause for concern?
need to consult endocrinologist
Welcome at HCM
I am Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and will be answering your query. I have read and understood your health concerns.
In my opinion , you really need to see your physician. There is need to get combined approach from your physician and endocrinologist so that it can be be managed well.
It is important to find at which time of day cortisol levels are measured. It should be measured at 8 :00 am in morning. Low cortisol levels causes decrease in BP, lethargy and decreases the ability to fight stress. It is dangerous in long term.
Clonazepam do cause decrease in cortisol levels.
Meet endocrinologist so that exact cause can be elicited whether its in adrenal , pituitary or in hypothalamus.
Hope It helps...
Feel free to ask any time.
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes thick yellowish coating on tongue and dry throat?
- What causes intermittent shooting pain in arm after applying pressure?
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes on left side of neck
- What causes severe fatigue in children?
- What causes increase in body temperature and heaviness in head?
- Suggest remedy for pain and redness on earlobe caused by an infection
- Suggest treatment for lower right-sided pain in buttocks causing painful...
- What causes swelling of the foreskin with fluid?
- Suggest treatment for severe cold, post-nasal drip, body pain and...
- Suggest diet plan for a diabetic with high BP and hypothyroidism