Are light brown coloured stools, bloating and mucus in stool signs of IBS?
Sounds like IBS.
I have gone through the description that you have provided. Your symptoms seem to be due to IBS. However before saying that its IBS I would suggest you get a stool microscopy test done. In case the test is normal then it's.most likely to be IBS. The black specs could be partially or undigested food.
I would also suggest to check your TSH (Thyroid stimulating Hormone levels) and CBC (Complete blood count) in case they have not been done in the past 3 months.
Hope this helps
Dr Samir Patil
Only stool examination needed
if you visit your doctor every six months he must be monitoring your thyroid status.
I would suggest together a still test for occult blood and stool microscopy examination. if the stool tests show presence of blood or pus cells (large number)then you need to see a gastroenterologist . If stools examination is normal then it is more likely to be IBS. your regular doctor can prescribe you medications for the same
hope this helps
Dr Samir Patil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loss of appetite after having Purzanthin & Curcumin2k...
- Suggest treatment for pain in stomach
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes
- What causes abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for painful hard stools
- Suggest treatment for burping, nausea and vomiting at night
- Suggest treatment for constant heaviness in chest and throat
- Suggest treatment for erosion on small intestine
- Suggest treatment for dry mouth and back pain
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and reflux