question-icon

Are lethargy and excessive sweating signs of depression?

Posted on Tue, 26 Jul 2016
Question: history of depression, lately feeling no energy aches in legs and arms and sweats coming on suddenly. Would this be a symptom of depression as we have a lot of things both negative and positive in our life right now?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (12 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Feeling of no energy in legs and arms and sudden sweat could be indicative of anxiety but not of depression.

Mostly depression presents with sadness of mood rather than mentioned features.

Presence of pain and night sweats could be marker of vitamin B 12 deficiency so having a trial of Vitamin B 12 is warranted.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist