• question-icon

Are left arm pain, neck pain and burping signs of heart attack?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: left arm pain neck pain burping since 1:30 heart attack
Answered by Dr. Meriton Siqeca 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No heart attack

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question. Welcome to HCM. I understand your concern.

Based on your age, I would say that this is more coming from your digesting system, not your heart. Although stomach and oesophageus disturbings may imitate problems with heart, my opinion is that this is a harmless regurgitation of the digestive system. It tends to be similar to heart problems you may have read, but it will soon be gone, while the food is going away from the stomach to the lower intestine.

The pain coming from coronary artery blockages is a severe mid chest tightness, which you did not describe. Try not to lay down at least 90 minutes after you have ate and coffee-based beverages, pickles, spicy food, tobacco should be avoided.

If this is worrisome to you, go to the nearest emergency room you have, and an EKG should be carried out.

I hope my answer is helpful. I am happy to help, if you have follow-up questions.

Kind regards,
Dr. Meriton
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Meriton Siqeca

Cardiologist