Are lack of interest in work, sleeplessness and suicidal thoughts indicative of depression?
2.I dont sleep properly at night,keep changing sides.
3.I dont love my wife any more and nor concerned about her any more.I dont speak to her .We stay in same house but like co -existence.
4.This had been happening for past 3-4 months.
5.The thought of death doesn't scare me rather I enjoy and ok with the thought that " Its ok if i die"
6.I get up tired and feel like doing nothing.Just to keep myself busy for the sake of it I am taking up more work load.
You appear to have depression
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
From your description, it appears that you are suffering from Moderate severity of Depression, which is 3-4 months old. Symptoms like poor work interest, low mood, sleep problem, lack of sexual drive, wish to die and poor motivation for work are common symptoms in depression.
Depression occurs due to neurotransmitters imbalance in brain most commonly involving serotonin neurotransmitter.
In drug treatment, most commonly SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors like Fluoxetine) are used. SSRI takes around 3-4 weeks to show its effect.
All these process is complex. I have just simplified it to make you understand it. To follow treatment and confirmation of diagnosis you need to meet some nearby psychiatrist personally. Medicines are also prescription medicines.
Apart from above advice following simple measures will help you:
-Decrease worrying by keeping yourself busy and distracted from worrisome thoughts by talking to family members or watching T.V. or counting back (100 to 0).
-Do not any guilt as your symptoms (or behavior) due to Depression problem.
-Healthy diet: Milk and fruits in diet.
-Daily morning walk, Jogging, Breathing exercise and yoga (which you can learn from some expert in person)
-Avoid any addiction (if present).
-Remember the current life phase is temporary and you will improve with treatment soon. Even without treatment depression get better itself in 4-6 months in many cases.
-Depression is an illness and treatable. So do not get afraid of symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ashish Mittal, Psychiatrist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hormonal imbalance depression sleeplessness taking dopamine history of hypothyroidism treatment
- Brsuffering from restless body syndrome depression sleeplessness suicidal tendency suggestions
- What is causing depression sleeplessness and weakness
- Tension headache boring sleeplessness depression
- Body ache headache and fatigue sleeplessness with depression causes
- Dizziness depression sleeplessness been on effexor is it bad flu
- Sleeplessness depression on stalopam plus itching physical disease
- Depression due to homesickness sleeplessness loss of apetite solution
- Headache sleeplessness depression low self esteem smoker help
- Suffering from depression sleeplessness need treatment
- Taking lectopam for sleep. Getting poor sleep and feeling groggy. Can I...
- What is the average penile length for a 24 year old?
- Depressed and no desire to have sex. What treatment and medication...
- What happens if high dose of crocin tablets is taken at a time?
- Pain in shoulder blade, headache, giddiness and nausea. Diagnosed with...
- On medicine for anxiety and panic disorder. Any risk for heart related...
- Have reduced sex drive and facing soft erection. Required treatment?
- Why am I having testicle pain, penis pain and back pain while...
- Having erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation problem. Not cured...
- Accidentally spilled hand sanitizer on penis. Having burning sensation....