Are itching and swollen head of the penis slightly responded to Antifungal cream indicative of bacterial infection?
3 weeks back, I started experiencing itch under the foreskin and mild reddish rash on the pennis under the foreskin. Was NOT involved in any risky sexual encounter. I did have sex with my wife, but she does not have any yeast infection, at least not that she has any symptoms
I used topical antifungal cream and that seemed to hep, but it is still not completely gone. I do experience some itch, mild rash that comes and goes, and a feeling that the head of the pennis is a bit swolen. I have used the topical antifungal not for almost 3+ weeks each night.
My question is - could this be a bacterial infection and not a fungal one?
Could I apply a topical antibiotic such as neosporin under the foreskin and try to see if that helps?
Yeast infection. Oral and topical antifungals
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.? This seems like a yeast infection. I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1 %cream, twice daily. In addition I suggest you to take an oral antifungal e.g tab fluconazole 150mg once a day for 3 days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is reditchy and swollen penis indication of jock itch
- Swollen penis uncircumsized infection
- Cure for swollen infected painfull penis foreskin
- Swollen penis bellow head
- Swollen glands head of penis
- Cream used for bacterial infection penis
- Swollen penis head flacky penis
- Swollen veins itching penis
- Permethrin cream swollen penis
- Infected swollen bruised penis
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body