question-icon

Are irregular periods indicative of PCOS?

Posted on Fri, 15 Feb 2019
Question: I had gone through D&C test on October,11,2017.Biopsy of the utrus tissues showed simple hyperplacia.
My Gynaecologist didnot give me any treatment later but said to do ultrasound of utreus after 6 months .I didnot experience periods since last 5 months.But since yesterday I am experiencing spotting.
My symtoms are such that i may experience period. (stomach pain etc.)
I am experiencing irregularity in periods since last 3 years. I have always taken the help from Healthcaremagic. I have uploaded my reports also.
Pl suggest the necessary action.
Ms Abhyankar
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:

Get the ultrasonogram of lower abdomen done

Detailed Answer:

I think that you need to get an ultrasound of your lower abdomen done. It could be that you are having a polycystic ovarian disease or it could just be due to peri-menopausal age.

Possibly it is the latter. Nevertheless, the ultrasonography needs to be done and it would have been a good idea to follow your gynaecologist's advice.

I do not see any uploaded reports. I would be glad if you could get an ultrasonogram done and then upload the reports. Thereafter, I can guide you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Prof. Kunal Saha, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha