Are irregular heartbeat episodes serious?
I would recommend performing some tests.
Welcome and thank you for your query.
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that it is important performing some tests to investigate for the possible causes underlying your symptoms.
In this regard, I would recommend consulting with your doctor and performing these tests:
- a cardiac ultrasound to examine your heart function and structure
- an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring to investigate for possible cardiac arrhythmia
- complete blood count for anemia
- thyroid hormone levels for possible dysfunction
- blood electrolyte level imbalances
- vitamin D levels for a possible deficiency.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.
Hope to have been helpful!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Late night irregular heartbeat
- Should i be concerned about episodes of rapid heartbeats
- Irregular heartbeat and irregular period
- Worried about an irregular heartbeat
- Irregularly irregular fetal heartbeat
- Irregular heartbeats bowel movement
- Irregular heartbeat and viral illness
- Irregular heartbeat insomnia
- Marijuana irregular heartbeat
- Irregular heartbeat when is it serious