• question-icon

Are increased heart rate, headaches and nervousness side effects of Acilfate syrup?

Posted on Thu, 25 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Dear sir,

As im having GERD, Iam taking Kool-it and acilfate syrup in the morning before breakfast and rekool 20mg and acilfate syrup in night before dinner.

What will be the side effects

I'm feeling increased heartrate , nervousness.sometimes headache. Wether these are due to medicines.kindly clarify
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably due to GERD.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
The increase in heart rate , nervousness and headache that you are getting are most probably due to GERD itself.
In few people Sucralfate (Acilfate) can cause these symptoms.
In case you developed these symptoms following start of these medications, then they might be because of Acilfate otherwise, they are related to GERD.
There is a strong co-relation between, GERD and Anxiety, causing these symptoms.
I advice following to my patients of GERD:
1. To take Domperidone aling with Rekool (Rabeprazole) in order to reduce the reflux.
2. To take soft and bland diet
3. Walk after all meals.
4. To avoid pain killers, alcohol and smoking in case you consume.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Dr. Anshul Varshney