Are hives a side effect of Prozac?
In some rare cases Prozac may cause hives
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries
I can understand your concern. You are on 80 mg of Prozac or Fluoxetine which is a SSRI drug. The drug acts by increasing serotonin concentration and in some rare patients increased serotonin may cause rashes, itching or hives. This side effect can be seen even after years of treatment. You are on high dose of Prozac and this is one of factor that has probably caused hives. Though the risk is very low seen in only less than 1% of patients.
Some times certain food intakes especially chocolates, some nuts, wines etc when taken during treatment with Prozac may cause hives. There are numerous case reports supporting that fact.
If the hives are persisting then visit your doctor immediately and get yourself evaluated. Steroid drugs like Betamethasone, Prednisolone etc can help to reduce these symptoms. If you develop mild fever, edema, dizziness along with rashes stop the medicine immediately and report to your doctor.
Lipitor in some patients may cause rashes and hives
Hello thanks for asking a follow up question
Lipitor is Atorvastatin and the drug is known to cause rashes and hives. With Atenolol the risk is very less. So in my opinion Lipitor is other drug in your prescription that might be the reason of hives.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Minocycline side effects hives
- Aciphex side effects hives
- Is hives a side effect of clarithromycin?
- Is hives a side effect of esomeprazole?
- Is hives a side effect of spironolactone?
- Is hives a side effect of methocarbamol?
- Is hives a side effect of nitrofurantoin?
- Is hives a side effect of desvenlafaxine?
- Thyrowell side effects hives
- Is hives a side effect of nitroglycerin?
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?