Are high fever and joint soreness causes for concern after a hospital visit?

Question
I had positive blood cultures 10 days ago, I was admitted to hospital and blood cultures redrawn were negative. I have been home 5 days on no antibiotics. Yesterday my fever went up. Today my fever is running 101.4 at its highest, my joints are sore, heart rate up and I feel just run down and sick. Should I worry?
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you should...

Detailed Answer:

having fever just a few days after leaving the hospital raises the risk for a hospital-acquired infection. Such infections can be difficult to manage on an outpatient setting and are usually more serious. Other causes cannot be excluded of course but you shouldn't just wait to see what happens. You should visit a doctor as soon as possible.

I hope it helps!
Kind Regards!